THOMAS D. FRITZ
Tom Fritz is a transactional lawyer with more than 30 years of experience. He represents clients in transactions in areas including business and real estate, company and other entity formations, acquisitions and sales, and mortgage banking.
EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
- Represented clients in several hundred transactions involving commercial, industrial and residential properties.
- Extensive experience in representing tenants and owners in leasing transactions for commercial properties.
ENTITY FORMATION AND MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- Represented clients in formation of several hundred companies and other entities, and in conversions and mergers of foreign and domestic entities.
- Represented clients in the sale or purchase of various types of small businesses as well as capital infusions, buyouts and restructures.
GENERAL BUSINESS MATTERS
- Represented small businesses in negotiating, drafting and resolution of disputes involving commercial contracts of all types.
- Counseled small businesses on avoiding or minimizing risk, fiduciary issues, entity governance issues and general business laws and practices.
MORTGAGE LENDING TRANSACTIONS
- Represented financial institutions and prepared documents for mortgage loans for purposes including subdivision improvements, project development and construction and commercial property purchases.
- State Bar of Texas (1974)
- State Bar of New Mexico (1978)
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas and District of New Mexico
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Fifth and Tenth Circuits
- Life Member, Texas Bar Foundation
- University of Texas (J.D., 1974)
- University of Oklahoma (B.S., 1971)