- Represented clients in formation and maintenance of several hundred profit and non-profit entities as well as mergers and conversion of entities.
- Represented many clients in the healthcare industry including physicians.
- Represented business entities from initial organization and capitalization including private placement.
- Represented clients in contractual documentation, negotiations and resolution of disputes.
- Counseled businesses on avoiding or minimizing risk, employment matters, fiduciary issues, daily operational issues, entity governance issues, corporate documentation, and general business laws and practices.
- Represented executives and principals in negotiating severance or buyout packages on favorable terms and avoiding litigation.
- Represented clients in stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions.
- Represented clients in sale, purchase and/or lease of commercial, industrial and residential properties.
- Represented clients in securities offerings ranging from several hundred thousand to several million dollars.
- Obtained abatements and reductions of sales tax assessments by Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts on behalf of numerous clients.
- Advised clients how to minimize state tax consequences of proposed transactions.
- Kelly has represented employers and employees in employment law matters and has handled many transactions involving filings with the USPTO.
Kelly Latz has more than 35 years of experience representing clients in business and real estate transactions and in entity formation, acquisition and restructuring. He also has handled private securities offerings and state tax controversies.
Experience & Accomplishments
- State Bar of Texas (1983)
- Texas Bar College
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Austin Bar Association
- University of Texas (J.D., 1983)
- St. Edward’s University (B.B.A., summa cum laude, 1980)