Lisa C. Fancher
Experience & Accomplishments
LITIGATION, BANKRUPTCY & DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Successfully tried and resolved numerous cases, motions, and appeals in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts.
- Over 30 years of extensive and successful representation of financial institutions and other creditors in adversary proceedings, motion practice, claims objections, and plan confirmation issues in bankruptcy courts.
- Extensive experience in resolving landlord-tenant issues, both in and out of court.
- Headed a team handling over 240 cases against 400 defendants in five federal divisions and six Texas counties – all resolved favorably.
- Cost-effective resolution of disputes through negotiation and alternative dispute resolution.
- General counsel for a multi-million dollar business enterprise; helped client resolve extensive litigation and significantly reduce legal expense, as well as recover from insolvency and achieve growth and profitability through proactive problem solving and revisions of policies and procedures.
- Represented financial institutions in negotiations and workouts, foreclosures of assets, and collection of federal guaranties.
- Negotiated and drafted many kinds of contracts, real estate leases and conveyances, loan documents, and settlement agreements.
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell for highest legal ability and ethical standards
MEMBERSHIP & ADMISSIONS
- Past President of the Austin Bankruptcy Lawyers Association, a section of the Austin Bar Association
- Master of the Bench and founding member of the Larry E. Kelly Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Courts, Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- University of Texas (J.D., with honors, Order of the Coif)
- Brown University (A.B.)
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy Intensive Program
- University of Texas Intensive Trial Advocacy Program