- Formation & Structuring: Represented numerous clients with respect to the formation and structuring or restructuring of businesses, including advising on choice of entity, economic, governance, and ownership structures, joint ventures, and other strategic and practical considerations.
- Fundamental Business Transactions: Represented clients, including companies and individuals, in connection with asset and equity sales and acquisitions, as well as mergers, conversions, exchanges, and liquidations.
- Outside General Counsel: Represented companies and directors/officers as outside general counsel with respect to a wide range of legal issues relating to day-to-day operations, governance, regulatory compliance, and general contract matters.
- Securities Offerings & Finance: Represented issuers and investors in private placements of securities, as well as lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured finance transactions ranging from complex to straightforward.
- Employment & Contractor Relationships: Represented companies, employees, and independent contractors in negotiation and drafting of employment and contractor agreements, as well as incentive compensation plans and agreements.
- General Contract Matters: Represented companies and individuals in connection with numerous and diverse contract matters, including drafting and negotiation of contracts for goods and services, master service agreements, statements of work, distribution agreements, vendor and supplier contracts, franchise agreements, entertainment and gym contracts, and creation of forms tailored to clients’ businesses.
- Transactional Support for Family Law Matters: Represented clients with complex holdings and financial arrangements on general business and real estate issues relating to family law matters.
Philip W. Rodgers
Philip Rodgers is a business lawyer whose practice covers a broad range of areas and industries, with a focus on general business matters and real estate transactions. Philip has also represented clients in a wide variety of commercial disputes.
Philip understands the diverse and complex issues that clients face today, and he enjoys using that knowledge to provide effective, efficient, and practical legal representation.
Experience & Accomplishments
- Purchases & Sales: Represented clients in commercial real estate sales and acquisitions of all sizes and complexity, including recent transaction in excess of $100 million.
- Leases: Represented clients in numerous commercial lease transactions.
- Finance: Represented lenders and borrowers in mortgage/secured real estate finance transactions.
- Commercial Litigation: Represented companies and individuals in a wide variety of complex and straightforward commercial disputes, including arbitrations and appeals.
- Investigations: Represented companies and individuals in connection with investigations by attorneys general of several states.
- State Bar of Texas (2014)
- State Bar of New York (2010)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- University of Michigan (B.A., with high distinction, 2005)
- Rated Texas Rising Star by Super Lawyers (2019-2020)